Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Want To Be Just Like...?

One of those random thoughts we all have from time to time popped into my head this afternoon...

"Who would you rather be like, whispered the voice, Pastor John MacArthur or Pastor Jim McClarty?"

Hmmm, I pondered. I doubt that I could posses a higher regard for any human being in a teaching capacity than I do for both of these outstanding men of God.

How does one compare the truth with the truth? And surely he who places the vessel on a higher shelf than the One who fills it, is still dead in his trespasses and sins.

So I opened my mouth and said something like...

Lord, while I highly respect and deeply regard these, and many more brothers just like them, and while their evident love for Your sheep in their temporary care is profound, while their shepherd's watchful demeanor is comforting and reassuring in your stead, and while their humble manner and knowledge are certainly high virtues to be admired, I just know these men and many more just like them would, in a photon of time, announce to all who would hear, that everything they have, every cell of their being, is gifted by Your Almighty hand Lord. You and You alone are the giver of all good gifts and we, Your fallen creation are the unworthy recipients.

So, if it's all the same.... I'd rather be like You!

Yes, I know that way will be hard and my companions will be few. Your Word has told me so. I am aware of, and in You prepared for, the adversity and persecution to come because my security is in You... not in me. You are completely and utterly sovereign, and I am not!

Having seen the scandalous love you shamelessly expressed on Calvary, how could I not lose my life in You and in You find it also?

I love You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment